Monday, November 24, 2008

Persimmon Cookies

Well, Since my last post was about persimmon Cookies, I figured I might as well post a recipe! My Son made some this evening, they were delicious and my house smells like Grandma's house!

INGREDIENTS

* 2 ripe persimmons, pureed
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter (room tempurature)
* 1 cup raisins
* 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1 tsp. vanilla


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Dissolve baking soda in persimmon pulp and set aside.
Sift flour, spices and salt together, set aside.
Cream together butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy,
beat in egg and persimmon. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir
in nuts and raisins.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15
minutes.

No comments: